Mill 1 at Open Square
Named one of fifteen stunning wedding venues in the country under $3,000 by Buzzfeed, Mill 1 event venue is where rustic charm meets modern industrial design and modern amenities. Situated along historic canals in a renovated 19th century paper mill, Mill 1’s beautiful sandblasted brick walls, exposed high ceiling beams, gleaming maple floors and stunning custom bar set the stage for your wedding, conference or family gathering while creating a serene neutral backdrop that can be customized to reflect your personality and style. Imagine exchanging your vows in a gallery flooded with natural light, enjoying delicious food from the caterer of your choice, then dancing the night away on floors built in 1848. And at Mill 1, you never have to worry about what the weather is doing because our indoor spaces ensure dry, comfortable guests while offering amazing photo opportunities you will cherish for decades. Visit links in the green box to the right for detailed information.
- Mill 1 provides the bar for your event and bar staff
- Bridal suite to use however you want or not at all
- Toiletry baskets in restrooms and bridal suite
- Personal Wedding Coordinator
- Ceremony space (if you want) that comes with it’s own bridal suite (Ceremony spaces are an additional cost)
- Mill 1 also provides tables & chairs set up at your direction for your ceremony and/or reception rental
- Choose your own licensed & insured caterer (our favorites are here. They KILL. SLAY. Their food is amazing).
We Do Not Have a ‘House’ ‘Gratuity’ or other ridiculous fee
We charge 7% tax. We do not charge a ‘house fee’ or ‘service’ or ‘gratuity fee’. We provide your venue, tables and chairs, bar and bar staff and an Event Coordinator. There are no hidden additional charges.
Examples of What Celebrations Here Look Like
We post hundreds of photos on our:
Or check out these past celebrations:
- Kevin & Kevin, by Erica Ferrone Photography
- Janine & Justin, by Aleksandr Verbetsky Photography
- Amanda & Hakan, by Love & Perry
- Connie & Corynn, by Sandra Costello Photography
- Jen & Chris, by Rzescotti Photography
- Kaitlyn & Taryn, by Justine Johnson Photography
- Jessie & Joe, by Kristin Jane Photography
- Amanda & Kelly, by Bunnell Photography
- Misty & Tim, by Looking Glass Photography
- Danielle & Jeff, by Brad Smith Photography
- Cassidy and Andrew, by Tiffany Von Photography
- Daisy & Terrence, by Dani Fine Photography
- Lissa & Max, Photos by Meg Haley Weddings, and floral design by Gloriosa & Co.
Still have questions? Here are answers to some Frequently Asked Questions.Booking Inquiries