Mill 1 at Open Square
Why Mill 1?
1. We’re green. We produce electricity onsite using a renewable resource (water) making every event at Mill 1 Zero Net Energy. We’re the greenest site for your celebration!
2. We’re natural, authentically. When we created Mill 1, we didn’t mess with perfection: we sandblasted original brick walls, exposed original high-ceiling pine beams and refinished gleaming maple floors. We added a stunning custom bar and modern amenities, creating a serene, beautiful natural backdrop that can be customized to reflect your personality and style. Imagine exchanging your vows in a gallery flooded with natural light, enjoying delicious food from one of our approved caterers, then dancing the night away on floors built in 1848.
3. You never know what the weather’s going to do in New England. But at Mill 1, you never have to worry about it because our indoor spaces ensure dry, comfortable guests while offering amazing photo opportunities with natural lighting you will cherish for decades.
4. We’re equal parts clarity and warmth, which is exactly what you want for the biggest party you’ve ever planned. We put ALL our information online because we have nothing to hide. We put ALL our planning documents on a website we share with you so we’re all on the same page. And we put ALL our love into planning your special event.
What’s Included In Your Rental
- 9 hours for use of the space – 3 hours for setup, 5 hours for event, 1 hour for breakdown
- Bridal suite to use however you wish
- Toiletry baskets in restrooms and bridal suite
- Personal Event Coordinator’s time before your event to help with vendor coordination and logistical planning
- Personal Event Coordinator’s time during your event to help facilitate setup (does not include design or decorating), crowd flow, event timeline, and any venue related items
- Mill 1 banquet tables & chairs and cocktail tables setup and taken down before and after your event
- Customizable floorplan
- Free parking
- Access to indoor and outdoor spaces across the property for unique and breathtaking photo opportunities
- Access for all guests to enjoy the bridge over the canal, which includes tables and chairs during the warmer months
- Various bar/liquor menus for you to choose from and the opportunity for custom drinks and cocktails
- Friendly Bar Staff
- AC and Heat to keep the space comfortable for you and your guests
- Open lobby space with shiny hardwood floors and high ceilings for cocktail hour
- Handicapped accessible ramp directly into Mill 1
- Full kitchen for your Preferred Caterer of choice with their own entrance and restroom to stay “behind the scenes”
- Use of our event management platform, Tripleseat, to communicate with event manager, access documents, and keep track of event logistics and floor plans
- White garden chairs for your ceremony if you choose to get married onsite
- A pet-friendly property so your furry family can be part of your bridal party